Your privacy is important to DFA Operations Inc., and its subsidiaries (the “Dufresne Group”). That is why as a member of the Dufresne Group, we are committed to ensuring the privacy of our customers’ personal information.
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers’ trust. Keeping customer personal information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, and in accordance with the law, is a top priority for all of us at Dufresne. Here, then, is our commitment to privacy.
- We will safeguard, according to strict and reasonable standards of security and confidentiality, any personal information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer personal information to the reasonable minimum we require to deliver superior service and sales to our customers.
- We will only use customer personal information in the manner consented to by our customers (which consent may be implicit or explicit), or as otherwise required or allowed by law.
- Customer personal information we collect may be stored in servers located in other countries, such as the United States of America and, as such, may be subject to those other countries’ laws
- We will not disclose customer personal information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or as allowed or required by law.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services that involve customer personal information, we will require them to conform to appropriate privacy standards.
- For purposes of our providing credit, credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange personal information about our customers with reputable reference sources, credit bureaus and clearinghouse services.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up to date, and accurate (as is reasonably required). Our customers can contact our Privacy Officer (see below) to conveniently access their personal information (except when prohibited by law) and to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct if reasonable and appropriate to do so.
- We will only retain customer personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, or as otherwise allowed or required by law.
- We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct business in a manner that fulfils our commitment to privacy.
- We do not intentionally collect, use or disclosure personal information of minors. Any individual who provides to us personal information represents and warrants that they are of the age of majority.
What Customer Personal Information is Collected and Why?
We collect information about our customers when they make a purchase (either in-person or on-line), which information would include their name, address, contact information, purchases and payment information (which may include credit card information and billing information). This information may be used to conclude the transaction, deliver products and set up warranty information or other customer service needs.
We may also collect personal contact information if you sign up for one of our promotions or contests.
If you provide to us your email address or other methods in which we can electronically communicate with you (e.g. text messages), we will send you electronic communications. These electronic communications may be used to facilitate your purchases with us and if allowed by law, or otherwise with your consent, will include updates about our products and special offers. At any time, you will be able to unsubscribe to receiving any further electronic communications (allowing for 10 business days for the unsubscribe request to be processed).
If you purchase products from us, or otherwise sign up for the service, we will send direct mailings to you advising of updates about our products and special offers. If you no longer wish to receive these mailings, please contact our Privacy Officer (below).
If you apply for credit from one, or more, of the third party lenders we work with, we will collect personal information about you on their behalf. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, government identification information, social insurance number, birth date, home ownership costs, present employment and salary, as well as other income.
We will provide the third party lender(s) with your proposed purchase to determine if they will provide the necessary financing
The third party lender(s) will ask for your consent to use this information for purposes including the conducting of credit checks and determining your credit worthiness. The third party lender(s) will have their own consents and privacy provisions that we recommend you review.
We may also collect information about the devices you utilize to access our website as well as general information about your use of our website. This information helps us better understand how our website is used in an effort to improve all of our customers’ experiences.
We use pixels, cookies and other such pieces of computer code on our website to allow us to learn more about visitors to our website. These pixels collect information about how our website is used and then non-personally identifiable information is provided to third party service providers who provide us analyses of our website usage.
We use Google Analytics Advertising Features to enable remarketing of relevant products or services to visitors we believe have interest in said product, to report on advertising campaigns, to review website visitor demographics such as geo-location of visitors, in-market and affinity interests, cohort analysis, language and website usage behavior.
To learn how you can opt-out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We, or other third parties, may place a cookie on your device which identifies what areas of our website you have visited and/or products you have viewed. This allows us to show you customized views of our website to improve your shopping experience. As well, we may use this information (along with other information we collect about you) to customize Dufresne Group advertisements which you may see on our website and other websites.
We may also share a common identifier (such as an email address) with trusted third party advertising partners in an effort to identify you across different devices. Our goal in doing so is to provide you with more relevant and practical advertising across those devices.
To learn more about interest-based advertising, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/ and https://youradchoices.ca/ and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/
When you interact with us through social media we will provide information to you about our products, which may be targeted to you based on information about you that is shared by the social media site. As well, we may also collect information about you as is permitted by the social network, and your settings in the social network, which we will use to provide to you more pertinent and application information about our products. If you wish to change how information is shared about you by a social network, please check the settings of that network.
Specific tools to opt-out of interest-based advertising can be found at:
If you sign up for a Dufresne Account, we will collect your name, address, contact information and your password. With the Dufresne Account you will be able to:
- Create “Wish Lists” of items we offer, which will allow us to advise you when they, or similar items, are on sale;
- Track your past purchases;
- Receive electronic communications tailored to your “Wish Lists” and past purchases; and,
- Simplify purchases both on-line and in-store (through one of our in-store kiosks).
As well, if you login to our website with your Dufresne Account, we will make sure that the advertisements you see will be tailored to your “Wish Lists” and past purchases.
If you wish to delete your Dufresne Account, please contact our Privacy Officer (see below).
Dufresne Account – Facebook Login
We will provide the option for your to login into your Dufresne Account using a social media service, such as Facebook. If you use a service, such as Facebook, you should review their privacy policies.
If you do login into your Dufresne Account using Facebook, we will collect the following information about you from Facebook, which is automatically provided by Facebook (and which avoids you having to enter this information into our website):
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Profile Picture
- Any information you have made public on Facebook
We will also collect the following further information from Facebook:
- Your date of birth (which we will use to send you offers, pre-populate credit applications and to obtain general demographic information about our customers); and,
- Your likes (which we will use to customize our marketing to you).
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or about the personal information we may have about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Dufresne Furniture & Appliances
116 Nature Park Way
Phone: (204) 989-9898
When you write, call or email us, please be sure to tell us your:
Address and/or email address
Phone number (where you can be reached during business hours)
The best time of day for us to reach you
The reason you are contacting us