With the arrival of fall comes a whole set of activities that are unique to the season. Here are just a few from our fall bucket list:
• Watching (and listening to) Canada Geese, as they gather in huge numbers and take flight to southern climes.
• An insta-worthy family photo-shoot among the falling leaves. (Don’t forget to take some leaves home to decorate with!)
• Dusting off the Crock Pot and searching Pinterest for hearty soup, stew, and chili recipes.
• Visiting a farm stand or market for a basket of just-picked apples, then baking the perfect, deep-dish apple pie.
• Resisting, then giving into temptation and ordering a PSL (with extra whip).
• An autumnal edit of furniture and accessories to get the house ready for snuggle-season.
Kids in the Hall
You know it’s fall when the amount of stuff accumulating at the front door doubles, or even triples. Jackets, boots, school bags, hats—it all needs a home.
Bring some order back to your entryway with an attractive hall bench that does double-duty as a coat and bag rack. This rustic bench has plenty of room to hang jackets hats and scarves, and features a roomy storage bin under the seat to stash bags and anything you want to keep out of the way or hidden from sight. It even has a large mirror for make-up and hair checks and can be customized in your choice of finish.
If fall baking and crafts are on your fall agenda, we’ve found you the perfect table.
When it’s not being used for casual family dining or doing homework, this counter height table is perfect for rolling out pie dough, crafting a wreath or laying out supplies for decorating Halloween cookies. A set of built-in shelves makes up part of the table’s base and allows for open storage to keep frequently used tools and supplies close at hand.
Netflix and Beat-the-Chill
After months of basking the in air-conditioned comfort of summer, suddenly all we can think about is getting warm and cozy—and nothing says “warm and cozy” like a flickering fire.
Even if your home doesn’t have a fireplace, you can easily glow-up your living room or family room with a combination media console–fireplace, like this one by DeFehr. Capable of heating up to 1,000 square feet, it will keep you warm and toasty on those crisp fall nights and, for a little more entertainment value, this unit will also hold up to a 70-inch TV plus all of your components.
Make Room for Everyone
One upside of the days getting shorter is more time for family movie night. To make sure everyone gets the best seat in the house, a sectional with room for the whole family is on our fall bucket list.
Covered in easy-care, but indulgently soft Nuvella® fabric, and plenty of room to stretch out or cuddle-up, the Marsing Nuvella 5-piece Sectional Set will play a starring role on many memorable movie nights to come. Just add popcorn and a cozy throw or two!
What’s on your fall bucket list? Show us how you’re embracing autumn—indoors or out—by tagging #DufresneStyle on Instagram.