Dufresne Black Friday Shopping Spree
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
"Dufresne Black Friday Shopping Spree" Contest
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES.
The Dufresne Black Friday Shopping Spree Contest (the "Contest") is conducted by Fairstone Financial Inc. ("Fairstone", or the "Sponsor") and is open to all persons who meet the eligibility requirements set forth below (each an "Entrant"). The Contest runs from November 18, 2020 at 12:01:01 a.m. Eastern Time until November 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the "Contest Period") at participating Dufresne locations.
In order to participate in the Contest, an Entrant must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- be a legal resident of Canada;
- have reached the age of majority in the province or territory of entry into the Contest at the time of entry;
- have a Dufresne Credit Card account that is in good standing at the time the prize is awarded;
- be the primary accountholder; and
- The Contest is not open to employees or agents of the Sponsor, or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and any entity involved in the production, implementation, promotion, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the "Administrators") and individuals living in the same households of each of the above.
There is one (1) prize available to be won across Canada during the Contest Period. The Prize consists of a Dufresne Gift Card in the amount of $1,000.00 CDN. The Prize will be awarded to the selected Entrants identified on the entries that are drawn.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Every time you apply , and are approved for purchase financing at any participating DFA Operations, Inc., TDG Furniture Inc., and D.F.A. Thunder Bay, Inc., o/a Dufresne Furniture (“Dufresne”) location, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED: Receive one Contest entry when you hand-print your name (as it appears on your Dufresne Credit Card), complete mailing address, telephone number and age on a plain 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in a sealed envelope to: Fairstone, Dufresne Black Friday Shopping Spree, 255 Queens Avenue, Suite 1000, London, Ontario, L6A 5R8. [Attention: SALES SOLUTIONS MARKETING]. Enter as often as you wish by mail, but each entry must be mailed in a separate envelope with sufficient postage and postmarked no later than November 30, 2020 and must be received on or before December 4, 2020. Incomplete entries are ineligible. No photocopied, computer-generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries permitted. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
There will be one (1) random draw from all the eligible entries submitted by the end of the Contest Period. The draw will take place on December 15, 2020, on or about 2:00 PM (EDT) at 255 Queens Avenue, Suite 1000, London, Ontario N6A 5R8 and will be conducted by an independent judge whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The draw will be for the Prize as defined above.
The selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone and will be asked to provide his or her email, fax or mailing address to which a mathematical skill-testing question and a declaration and release form will be sent for completion by the selected Entrant. In the event that the selected Entrant (i) cannot be contacted after three (3) attempts, (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or (iii) fails to sign and return the declaration and release in the time period provided, he or she will forfeit the Prize in question and a redraw from the remaining eligible entries will occur. The declaration and release forms to be completed by the selected Entrant pursuant to these Contest Rules must be returned within five (5) business days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and awarding of Prize to an alternate Entrant.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
ODDS OF WINNING:
The odds of winning this Contest depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
If your name is drawn, and in order to be declared a winner, you must have complied with all Contest Rules. You must also correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, which will be administered by a Fairstone representative via email, fax, or mail. Then, after Fairstone verifies whether you have complied with these rules, you must sign Fairstone's standard release form before being entitled to receive the Prize. That form also contains your consent to the use of your name, address and/or photograph in advertising or other publicity by Fairstone and/or its agencies, without any payment or other compensation to you, including without limitation, publication on the Fairstone website(s), microsite(s) and e-newsletters, among other locations, of your name, the fact that you are a Fairstone customer, that you are a Prize winner, any other basic biographical details you provide to Fairstone representatives when claiming your Prize, and any statements you make to Fairstone representatives regarding the Prize, the Contest, or your thoughts/feelings about winning the Prize (which may be quoted in a complete or an abridged format).
You must complete, (electronically) sign and return the standard release form to Fairstone within five (5) business days of receiving it or you may be disqualified and Fairstone may select another Entrant for a chance to win if time permits.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, exchanged, substituted, or redeemed for cash. If for any reason the Prize is unavailable, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not be responsible, however, and cash or other substitutions will not be provided, if any factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control prevents any part(s) of the Prize from being fulfilled.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees:
- to be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding;
- to the unrestricted use, by the Sponsor and Dufresne, in its discretion, or its agents, of his/her name and/or likeness, address, city/province or territory of residence, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, and ideas for advertising, promotional purposes, and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation, permission, or notification, other than the value of the prize offered;
- to sign a publicity release granting and acknowledging the rights of the Sponsor and Dufresne, in its discretion, or its agents, to publish or broadcast the selected Entrant's picture, portrait, likeness, name, address, voice and statements for publicity purposes, without any further compensation, other than the value of the prize offered;
- that, by entering this Contest, the Entrant releases the Sponsor and Administrators and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any liability for loss, harm, damages, costs and/or expenses, arising out of or in any way connected with participation in this Contest, participation in any prize-related activity, the awarding of a Prize, the use of personal information as aforementioned, or the acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize, including, without limitation, loss, harm, damages, costs and/or expenses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom;
- the Entrant will sign declaration and release forms, or such other supporting documentation that the Sponsor may request, to give effect to such release upon request by Sponsor;
- the Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, postage-due, or mutilated entries or mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; technical or mechanical malfunctions; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines, or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors in these rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Contest, human processing error, or otherwise.
- Fairstone reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, and at Fairstone's discretion, award none, some or all of the prize in a random draw from all entries received up until the date and/or time that the Contest terminated, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if events beyond its reasonable control make continuation not feasible, or if the integrity of the Contest is impaired for any reason including, but not limited to, the loss or destruction of ballots and/or ballot boxes, if a virus, bug, computer, electronic or system malfunction, or if human error or another cause beyond Fairstone's control should corrupt the administration, security or fair play of this Contest. Fairstone also reserves the right to amend these Contest rules at any time and without notice to entrants for any reason, including, but not limited to, correcting clerical errors in the Contest rules or advertising materials. All of Fairstone's decisions concerning the Contest are final.
- That pursuant to Section 5(10) of the Rules Respecting Publicity Contests (Quebec), any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. All entries become the property of the Sponsor, and no correspondence will be entered into except with the selected Entrant.
These are the Contest Rules. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend, withdraw, or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation. In the event of a conflict between these Contest Rules published in the English language and these Contest Rules published in the French language, the English language version shall prevail.
Any litigation with respect to the Contest must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.